We have expertise and experience in handling a range of insolvency related issues whether relating to companies or individuals including:
- Preparation and service of statutory demands;
- Preparation, issue and service of both winding up petitions and bankruptcy petitions and obtaining of bankruptcy and winding up orders;
- Necessary advocacy either by us or by utilising the services of counsel;
- Seeking to set aside statutory demands or to restrain the presentation and/or advertisement of winding up petitions;
- Advice on and handling retention of title claims;
- Advice on administrations, liquidations and other forms of insolvency;
- Dealing with appointment of administrators;
- Advising on and defending director disqualification proceedings;
- Advising on and defending directors in relation to claims for wrongful trading, fraudulent trading, preferences, misfeasance and/or breach of fiduciary duties.
Where a business or individual is in serious financial difficulties, the key to minimising problems and, in some cases, to actually saving a business, is the seeking of early advice. We also have good links with a number of Insolvency Practitioners and can put clients quickly in touch with one of them in appropriate circumstances.
If you want to discuss an insolvency related issue, please contact the team.