Will Disputes and Inheritance Claims
We are widely regarded as one of the Midlands' leading teams of will disputes and contentious probate solicitors. In many cases we can offer ‘no win, no fee’ agreements. Please call our team of expert solicitors to see whether we may be able to help you.
We have a dedicated practice team of contentious probate solicitors, based just outside Birmingham, in the West Midlands who are experienced in dealing with all types of contentious probate matters, including challenging a will and estate disputes. We act on behalf of individual beneficiaries, executors, administrators or trustees, whether bringing or defending an action. We can act on a 'no win, no fee' basis in certain cases.
We have considerable experience of dealing with a wide variety of disputes in this area including:
- Claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependents) Act 1975;
- Claims concerning challenging a will on grounds including mental capacity, testamentary intention, knowledge and approval or as a result of undue influence;
- Disputes regarding fraudulent and/or negligent trustees or executors;
- Actions to remove and/or substitute executors and trustees;
- Disputes arising due to negligently drafted wills and professional negligence claims;
- Actions concerning the construction of wills and trusts.
By their very nature, probate disputes are rarely without a personal element. We fully appreciate the difficulties associated with this and approach each matter in a sympathetic and sensitive manner.
Our overall aim is always to deliver the most cost-effective, appropriate and timely solution to any matter. Litigation is not always avoidable. Where it cannot be avoided, we will work with you to advise on the most suitable way forward towards finding a resolution. Our contentious probate solicitors have experience of resolving probate disputes through mediation and negotiation.
Please call us on 01384 410410 and ask to speak to Liam Owen or Susan Ford. Alternatively, you can e-mail us your enquiry at firstname.lastname@example.org providing a brief summary of the issues, along with your contact details or, if you prefer, you can use the online enquiry form, and we will contact you if we think we may be able to help.
Please use the options in this section to find out more about our specialist team, the matters we have previously dealt with and the different funding methods.