George is an associate solicitor in our commercial litigation team. He has been described by clients as “considered, professional and effective” and as providing “valuable guidance.”
George has experience in many diverse aspects of dispute resolution, representing clients at court, in adjudications and in mediations. He has represented clients in the Court of Appeal, in the Technology and Construction Court, in the High Court (Business and Property Courts) and in the Intellectual Property Enterprise Court.
George’s particular areas of interest are corporate and shareholder disputes, insolvency issues, insurance disputes and construction disputes.
- Gill v Thind  EWCA Civ 1276 Successful defence in the Court of Appeal following a three week trial of three unfair prejudice petitions and related claims concerning the ownership and management of three companies. This matter is proceeding to the Supreme Court.
- Patel v Parker  EWHC 1979 (Ch) Acting for the defendant in civil fraud proceedings arising out of a corporate joint venture concerning the development of a bariatric hospital. The case is ongoing.
- Gill v Thind  EWHC 2872 (Ch) Successfully represented clients in the Business and Property Courts in a complex and high value corporate dispute and unfair prejudice petition concerning the ownership of and alleged mismanagement of several companies. More information can be found here on this.
- RGB P&C Limited v Victory House General Partner Limited  EWHC 1188 (TCC). Successfully applied for summary judgment in relation to a construction final account adjudication dispute, defeating arguments alleging a breach of natural justice on the part of the adjudicator.
- Represented the sellers in a seven-figure dispute concerning the terms of a share purchase agreement and the earn-out consideration due under that agreement. George negotiated a substantial payment from an international company for the sellers.
- Represented a client bringing a claim for over £2m for breaches of a share purchase agreement and loan agreements. The dispute successfully settled shortly after we issued proceedings.
- Acting for the defendant to proceedings in the Technology and Construction Court concerning allegations of defective supply. The case requires complex technical expert evidence.
- Advised a listed Scandinavian construction company on its litigation risk following allegations of defective works arising from the manufacture and installation of cladding on a hospital in Salford, Manchester. The employer alleged that the entirety of the cladding needed replacing at a cost of c£4.5million. The case involved numerous complex expert reports on the cause of the alleged defects and jurisdictional issues. After negotiation, our client walked away without making any payments.
- Represented a specialist engineering practice defending allegations in multi-party litigation surrounding an incident in a lab at a Russell Group university.
- Successfully defended allegations made by the liquidator of a company against the former directors for misfeasance.
- Issued proceedings on behalf of a client in the Intellectual Property Enterprise Court concerning a design rights dispute. George attended the mediation and successfully negotiated a resolution that protected our client’s intellectual property rights.
- Routinely represents clients in disputes with insurance companies both in court and via the Financial Ombudsman.
George is married with three young children. When he is not looking after his young family, George enjoys the great outdoors and is an active member in his local church.