Moving house is one of the most important and stressful transactions in most people's lives. We can ease the burden to ensure your house move proceeds as smoothly as possible. We provide an efficient and personal service at a reasonable price which represents excellent value and, vitally, we put our clients at the heart of everything we do, our motto being:
Which means Clients Are Really Everything!
The Services provided by our Residential Conveyancing Department include:-
- Buying at Auction
- Freehold Sales and Purchases
- Leasehold Sale and Purchases
- Investment & Buy to Let Properties
- New Build Plot Purchases
- New Build Plot Sales
- Transfers of Equity
- Right to Buy Purchases
- Leasehold Enfranchisement
- Lease Extensions
- Individual Purchases of Freehold Interests
- Adverse Possession Claims
- Repossession Purchases
- Shared Ownership Property Sales and Purchases
- Deeds of Gift
- Declarations of Trust
- Voluntary First Registrations
Why use us?
We are a well-established local law firm with offices in Cradley Heath, Wolverhampton and Sutton Coldfield. Our team has an excellent working knowledge of the Black Country, the West Midlands and surrounding areas. We have formed strong relationships with local third parties, such as estate agents and mortgage advisors. We provide an efficient and personal service, combining state of the art information technology with a pragmatic, no nonsense approach.
Unlike so many other firms, we have direct dial telephone numbers for all of our Fee Earners, we have a same-day call-back policy and we do not have auto-response emails.
The price you pay can vary dependent upon many factors such as whether or not the property is leasehold or freehold, whether it’s a registered or unregistered property and the value of the property itself.
We always explain our fees before we start rather than when we’ve finished, so there will be no surprises and no hidden costs.
For an estimate of our fees, please click here to use the quote tool.
Disbursements are payments which we may have to make to third parties on your behalf.
Land Registry documents cost £3 per document and on a typical sale, you could expect disbursements of between £6 - £9 or £15 if the property is leasehold.
Disbursements vary greatly on a purchase depending on the pre-contract searches required and the purchase price.
Please click on the links below which will take you to the Inland Revenue Stamp Duty Land Tax Calculator and a Guide to Land Registry Fees:
How long will my matter take?
A very good question!The duration of a property transaction varies from case to case however on average freehold transactions take approximately 6-8 weeks to complete and leasehold transactions take approximately 10-12 weeks. The average time for a transfer of equity and/or remortgage is 4-6 weeks.
However, these timescales can only be approximate and will obviously depend upon external factors.We will endeavour to keep you updated throughout the process.
A couple of factors that could make a case more complex and therefore increase the time taken would include:
- Complex/split titles
- Unregistered titles
An example of some possible milestones that are likely to be encountered on a sale and purchase transaction are:
- Preparation of draft contract
- Dealing with additional enquiries
- Obtaining a draft redemption statement(s)
- Liaison with the buyer’s solicitors and the estate agents throughout
- Signing documents
- Exchanging contracts
- Preparing for completion
- Receiving the sale monies, redeeming the mortgage and accounting to you for the net sale proceeds on completion
- Receiving the draft contract
- Checking the title
- Raising additional enquires
- Sending pre-contract searches
- Receiving mortgage instructions
- Liaison with the seller’s solicitors and the estate agents throughout
- Signing documents
- Exchanging contracts
- Preparing for completion to include ordering mortgage funds and collecting any balance due from you
- Sending the purchase monies and attending to payment of any Stamp Duty on completion
- Registering your title after completion
Who will deal with my matter?
You will find details of the experience and qualification of our team and the individuals within it who may carry out your work be accessing the “our team” section on this page.
Click below to download some 'Helpful Guides' for selling and purchasing:
Visit the GOV.UK website for some of the considerations to take into account when you’re thinking about buying or selling a property.
We are accredited as members of the Law Society’s Conveyancing Quality Scheme (CQS), a further demonstration of the quality and practicality of the advice we are able to provide.