Emma studied Law at the University of Birmingham, graduating with a 2:1 degree in 2016.
She then completed the Legal Practice Course at the University of Law in 2017 where she obtained a Distinction.
She joined George Green in September 2018 and qualified as a Dispute Resolution Solicitor in June 2020.
Emma handles a wide range of commercial disputes and litigation including debt recovery, lease renewals, boundary disputes, landlord and tenant disputes and defamation claims. Emma acts for individuals as well as local and national companies. Emma also assists partners within the team with more complex matters, including procurement and insolvency cases.
During her spare time Emma enjoys yoga and spending time with her family.
Examples of litigated cases handled by Emma include;
- Successfully defended a national company in County Court proceedings by having the claim dismissed on a technicality.
- Representing the Claimant in County Court proceedings in a debt recovery claim and successfully recovering 100% of the claim and associated legal fees.
- Assisted a partner representing a Claimant in High Court proceedings in a public procurement case where the procurement was successfully abandoned.
- Assisted a partner in a high profile defamation case acting for the Defendant.
- Successfully applied to amend multiple companies’ accounts at Companies House.