George Green Employment Law Update Seminar
Black Country Chamber of Commerce
Employment Law Update
4th March 2020, 9am - 11am
Employment law is ever evolving and 2020 looks set to bring with it a number of changes. At this year’s briefing session, the employment team from George Green LLP will bring you up to speed on recent developments and will also highlight forthcoming changes in employment law. They will also be joined by Baldwins Accountants who will be providing an overview of the forthcoming changes to tax legislation regulating off-payroll working (commonly known as IR35).
This session is aimed at HR managers and directors or business owners that are involved in people management.
A range of issues will be covered, for example:
- changes due to be taking effect from April 2020 as a result of the Good Work Plan, which includes improved written statements of terms and a change to the holiday pay reference period;
- an update on recent notable employment law cases, in particular, the case of Royal Mail Group v Jhuti which raised a key question about whether the reason for dismissal can be different to that given to the employee by the decision maker;
- forthcoming changes to the tax treatment of termination payments;
- an update on the latest cases relating to employment status;
- potential changes to family friendly rights, including government consultations on neonatal care leave and pay, parental leave and the transparency of flexible working and family-friendly policies;
- an update on the latest position regarding holiday pay; and
- an overview of the upcoming IR35 changes.
COST: £15 + VAT for Black Country Chamber members and £25 + VAT for non-members
Includes breakfast sandwiches
- To book online please visit the following website: https://www.blackcountrychamber.co.uk/events/04032020/employment-law-update/
- Telephone: 01902 912316
- E-mail: Events@blackcountrychamber.co.uk
- Post: Black Country Chamber of Commerce, Creative Industries Centre, University of Wolverhampton Science Park, Glaisher Drive, Wolverhampton, WV10 9TG
LOCATION OF EVENT: Copthorne Hotel Merry Hill, The Waterfront Level Street, Brierley Hill, Dudley, DY5 1UR
Please note that cancellations are required in writing 7 days prior to the event, at which point an official cancellation number will be issued. Unfortunately cancellations within this time cannot be accommodated by a full refund.
PLEASE NOTE WE CANNOT ACCEPT BOOKING WITHOUT PRIOR PAYMENT.