Paul Bennett FRSA
Paul has been George Green’s Senior Partner since 2011. Paul joined the firm as a trainee solicitor in 1995 and has not looked back since. He has been recommended by legal directories the Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners for many years and is recognised as “a leading corporate lawyer, who is “technically excellent.” Clients describe him as “a hugely practical lawyer and fine negotiator” that “consistently provides a high level of service.”
A former President of the Black Country Chamber of Commerce, Paul’s business acumen is widely respected.He has held a number of non-executive directorships and advisory roles.
Paul puts his wider business knowledge to good effect in his transactions and has earned praise for bringing “legal nous and commercial awareness to deals” and for providing “general business advice rather than sticking to a strict legal role.”
The majority of Paul’s clients are owner managed or family businesses or businesses with foreign ownership or investment. He has undertaken in excess of 200 transactions across a complete range of sectors and most of his transactions are between £2million and £50 million in value.Paul's transactions increasingly have a crossborder element.
In addition to undertaking a full range of corporate finance transactions from acquisitions to disposals and management buy-outs, Paul has extensive experience of complex transactions in difficult circumstances, particularly shareholder disputes and other conflicts. He also enjoys a strong reputation among investors undertaking distressed transactions where an ability to deliver results to tight timescales is paramount.
Paul is keen to encourage the next generation of entrepreneur and has delivered lessons in entrepreneurship and economics at local schools and colleges. Paul is a Fellow of the Royal Society for the Encouragement of the Arts Manufactures and Commerce and is a former Vice chair of Governors of the RSA Academy in Tipton.
- Acted on various transactions for Intrinsic Equity , the investment vehicle of Orbis Partners Limited, including the acquisition of an subsequent disposal of specialist battery manufacturer, Accutronics , and the acquisition of Abacus Lighting
- Acted on various investments for Grove Industries, including the acquisition of Erlson Precision Components Limited and Davicon Mezzanine Floors Limited
- Acted for Graiseley Investments on its financial restructuring in the context of its test case relating to interest rate swaps
- Acted for a fan’s consortium in the acquisition of Port Vale football club and ten year subsequent relationship including various refinances
- Acted on a number of transactions for both buyers and sellers of shares in the context of unfair prejudice proceedings
- Acted for the shareholders of Owen Williams on its disposal to Ferrovial’s UK subsidiary, Amey
- Acted in relation to many retail pharmacy transactions, including the acquisition of a number of multi-site operations
- Acted for ThyssenKrupp on the UK aspects of its acquisition of Alcoa’s aerospace service business.
- Acted on five acquisitions from Hill & Smith plc, both management buy-outs and trade purchases
- Acted on sale of majority stake of specialist eye care surgery to Aspen Healthcare
- Acted for shareholders of Dotnet IT on its sale to Epicor
- Acted for shareholders of Midshire Business Systems Limited on its sale to Sharp Electronics Europe
- Acted for Olive Communications Solutions Limited in relation to an Investment by Business Growth Fund