James has over 20 years experience advising clients in relation to commercial law and the sale and purchase of goods and services. Clients are from a broad spectrum of sectors including manufacturing, engineering, retail, logistics, automotive, consultancy and information technology. James typically advises in relation to the following:
- distribution, agency and franchising
- confidentiality agreements
- data protection
- e-commerce / trading on the Internet
- intellectual property
- international supply agreements
- marketing and advertising
- outsourcing agreements and major projects
- procurement and supply chain issues
- software development, licensing and escrow agreements
- terms and conditions for the sale and supply of goods and services
Clients describe James as responsive, solution driven and someone who likes to get the job done, with client's deadlines and objectives being met.
James is married with a daughter and enjoys family days out, cycling, walking, watching football and when time allows, a good book.
advising engineering company in relation to the sale and supply of bespoke gearboxes in relation to a major infrastructure project.
advising logistics company in relation to a major distribution agreement with a supermarket chain.
drafting standard conditions of sale and purchase for a variety of clients across various business sectors.
advising an IT company on the provision of software and related services to a number of its clients.
advising telecommunications company in relation to the provision of network services to a media group.